Each hard gelatin capsule contains fluconazole 50 mg, 150 mg, or 200 mg.
- Cryptococcosis, including cryptococcal meningitis and other localizations of the infection (lungs, skin, etc.);
- Systemic candidiasis, including candidemia, disseminated candidiasis and other forms of invasive candidal infections (abdominal infections, endocarditis, eye, respiratory and urinary tracts infections).;
- Candidiasis of skin and mucous membranes, including oral cavities and gullet cavities, noninvasive bronchopulmonary candidiases, candiduria, and also atrophic candidiasis of oral cavity;
- Genital candidiasis: vulvovaginal candidiasis (acute and chronic recurrent).
- Preventive maintenance of fungal infections for patients with cancer, predisposed to such infections as a result of cytostatic chemotherapy or radio therapy;
- Skin mycosises, including feet mycosises, inguinal region; branny lichen; onychomycosis;
- Deep endemic mycosises, including coccidioidomycosis, paracoccidioidomycosis, sporotrichosis and histoplasmosis at patients with normal immunity.
Hypersensitivity to any drug component or structurally close azole compounds, period of lactation, children age (up 6 months).
Fluzamed, as a rule, it is well tolerated.
More often reported adverse reactions: from GIT – nausea, pain in a stomach, diarrhea, meteorism, from CNS – headache, dermatological reactions – skin rash.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
In cryptococcal meningitis and cryptococcal infections of other localizations in the first day usually 400 mg, and then 200-400 mg once a day. The treatment duration of cryptococcal infections depends on clinical efficiency confirmed by mycological research; in case of cryptococcal meningitis the treatment is carried out for at least 6-8 weeks
For preventive maintenance of cryptococcal meningitis relapse in patients with AIDS, after end of a full term of primary treatment, Fluzamed is prescribed in a dose of 200 mg/day during the long period of time.
For candidemia, disseminated candidiasis and other invasive candidal infections the dose usually is 400 mg in the first day, and then – 200 mg.
For preventive maintenance of oropharyngeal candidiasis relapses in patients with AIDS after end of full term of primary therapy Fluzamed can be prescribed as 150 mg once a week.
For vaginal candidiasis Fluzamed is taken orally in a single dose of 150 mg. For decrease of frequency of vaginal candidiasis relapses the medicine can be used in a dose of 150 mg once a month.
For preventive maintenance of a candidiasis it is recommended 50-400 mg of Fluzamed once a day depending on risk of development of fungal infection.
For skin mycosises, including foot mycosises, skin of inguinal region and skin candidiases, the recommended dose is 150 mg once a week.
PREGNACY AND LACTATION
The drug should be prescribed during pregnancy only if treatment efficacy justifies potential risk for fetus.
The breast-feeding should be ceased during treatment as Fluzamed is found in breast milk in the same concentration as in plasma.
4 hard gelatin capsules 50 mg in a box.
1 hard gelatin capsule 150 mg in a box.
7 hard gelatin capsules 200 mg in a box.